Welcome to TACONS!
Please come join in on the fish chat.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to TACONS!
Please come join in on the fish chat.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Lady-Di!!!!

+2
Lady-Di
fish'nfry
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Welcome Lady-Di!!!! Empty Welcome Lady-Di!!!!

Post by fish'nfry Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:30 am

Hello Lady-Di!! Welcome to TACONS!

Please tell us a little about yourself and what you are keeping.
If you have some pictures to show us, please don't hesitate to post them here. We always love fishy pictures here.

Welcome to the forum! :cheers:
fish'nfry
fish'nfry
Mods
Mods

Number of posts : 5217

http://www.accesswave.ca/~baccro/

Back to top Go down

Welcome Lady-Di!!!! Empty Re: Welcome Lady-Di!!!!

Post by Lady-Di Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:40 am

Thanks, Fish'nFry!!
Hmmm... A little about me?... Well, I am at work right now... (working hard, promise!!) I work as a long haul dispatcher for a trucking company. Much as I love my job, I need a hobby to keep me sane... and over the last 4.5 years, that hobby has been... fish!! Currently, I have only 2 tanks set up. One is a 30gal, containing a mean little blue crayfish lovingly dubbed "Dr. Claw"... and I also have a 40gal with 1 tiger barb, 2 green tiger barbs, a rosy barb, a pleco, a chinese algea eater, and 3 tetras... I'd like a few more tetras to add to my lil school, and a pair of paradise fish to finish that tank off... for now... hahaha... And so, I have introduced myself and my tanks... So, who are YOU, and what have you got for aquatic buddies? :)
Lady-Di
Lady-Di

Number of posts : 184

Back to top Go down

Post by Kribby Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:50 am

Working hard I am sure hehe.... just like me!

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing about your fish kids! The crayfish sounds awesome, I've always loved them from afar but never owned one.

I think a couple paradise fish would round out that tank nicely, though I think you should have some blackskirt tetras in there too! I love the black skirts hehe. Or congo tetras.... or rosey tetras.... too many nice tetras out there lol!
Kribby
Kribby

Number of posts : 2781

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady-Di Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:57 am

haha... I have neon tetras in mine... Not my choice... I got them cuz the bf thought they were cute. I've had them before and knew they'd be fine with their current tank mates... so I gave in and got the cute ones for him... :P I wouldn't mind adding a dojo loach as well... I had a few in the past, and I have always loved how active and friendly they are... as for the crayfish... He is a great litte guy. Mean tempered though, haha... He will run out to the glass from whereever he is hiding when you go near his tank... once he realizes you aren't going to feed him, you are "just visiting"... he takes a very defensive stance and will wave his claws in your face... I still love him, cranky as he is...
Lady-Di
Lady-Di

Back to top Go down

Post by Kribby Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:13 am

- :lol:

I think I love your crayfish even more now! That is just too cute!

Neons eh? I'd be afraid they'd end up lunch for the tiger barbs lol! But they are fast little guys too so they can probably outrun them.
Kribby
Kribby

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady-Di Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:26 am

haha... surprisingly... the neans and the barbs are all schooling together... It's pretty neat to watch... when a barb or tetra strays off for some 'alone time'... the others will go find it and herd it back into the group... They make and odd little group... but hey... every family has it's own diversity... :P
Lady-Di
Lady-Di

Back to top Go down

Post by machzeater Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:01 am

welcome aboard
machzeater
machzeater
Mods
Mods

Number of posts : 1367

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady-Di Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:06 am

machzeater wrote:welcome aboard

Thanks!! I'm been made to feel quite welcome by everyone here already!! I must say, this is one of the more Welcoming forums I have ever joined... and the topic sure does interest me... I have a feeling I will be a memeber for a long time to come... So, Machzeater... What is your aquatic passion??? Salt, Brackish, Fresh?... Tropical??... Breeding, aquascaping....??? lol
Lady-Di
Lady-Di

Back to top Go down

Post by fish'nfry Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:21 am

Lady-Di wrote:Thanks, Fish'nFry!!
Hmmm... A little about me?... Well, I am at work right now... (working hard, promise!!) I work as a long haul dispatcher for a trucking company. Much as I love my job, I need a hobby to keep me sane... and over the last 4.5 years, that hobby has been... fish!! Currently, I have only 2 tanks set up. One is a 30gal, containing a mean little blue crayfish lovingly dubbed "Dr. Claw"... and I also have a 40gal with 1 tiger barb, 2 green tiger barbs, a rosy barb, a pleco, a chinese algea eater, and 3 tetras... I'd like a few more tetras to add to my lil school, and a pair of paradise fish to finish that tank off... for now... hahaha... And so, I have introduced myself and my tanks... So, who are YOU, and what have you got for aquatic buddies? :)

Nice to have a fun and entertaining hobby such as fishkeeping.

You have quite a nice selection of fish with good sized tanks too.

I only have 6 tanks atm with:
75gal - 5 congo tetras, 7 clown loaches, 1 yoyo loach, 2 King tiger plecos, 2 guppies, a few corydoras sterbai and lots of longfin albino and albino plecos
30 gal - 5 breeding group of corydoras sterbai, juvenile long abnp, abnp and common bnps
30 gal - breeding pair of albino bns with lots of babies and red cherry shrimps also with lots of babies
20 gal - breeding pair of longfin albino bn pleco and juvenile longfin abnp, abnp and common bns., 2 yoyo loaches
20 gal - 4 white seam bristlenose plecos, 4 longfin bristlenose plecos, 2 yoyo loaches
10 gal - planted tank (experimental purposes only)

And I think that's all.
fish'nfry
fish'nfry
Mods
Mods

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady-Di Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:31 am

haha, sounds like you have a small aquatic zoo!! I haven't tried my hands at live plants in my tanks yet... Until recently, I had 4 tanks going... a 2gal with a betta named Buddah (who sadly died a month ago... I had him 3 years...) a 10 gal with a few barbs (green + tiger) a 25 gal with assorted gold fish and koi, and a 30 gal with assorted goldfish and koi. I just gave away my last batch of goldfish... I'd had them all a few years, and they had outgrown my tanks, I moved and gave up a few tanks, etc... so now I have the 30 gal from before... and a 40gal I recently purchased from Kijiji... great site, that is... :D
Lady-Di
Lady-Di

Back to top Go down

Post by Kribby Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:41 am

Now I want to post about my babies! My signature is sadly not up to date D:

I am more into cichlids now then I was when I joined the forum a few months ago. So my tanks have gone from being south american and central american to more of a rift lake scene. I have:

75 gallon mbuna tank with lots of zebras: reds, albino, pearl, cobalt, etc
55 peacock/hap tank with red empress, eye biters, sunshine peacocks, jacos, blue cruisers, frontosa, blue dolpins, etc

30 gallon growout tank with 28 blue dolphin fry, one yellow thing, and a long fin bristlenose pleco

33 gallon planted with balloon rams, german rams, angel fish, clown loaches, zebra loaches, bristlenose pleco, brown knife fish, and one danio
Kribby
Kribby

Back to top Go down

Post by Kribby Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:42 am

ack forgot my 5 gallon and 3 gallon betta tanks for my four boys :D
Kribby
Kribby

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady-Di Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:49 am

Well Kribby! Not too shabby at all! ...I have a thing for those cichlids of yours, haha... (convicts!!) I am constantly eyeing them every time I am anywhere selling fish... I haven't made the dive and bought any yet... but they up there on my "want" list... haha... I've got the Mister pretty fascinated by my fishtanks now though... I have a feeling we'll be in the kijiji market for another tank pretty soon... He's been eyeing 'sharks'... I wouldn't mind having some redfins again, they are a neat critter... :P
Lady-Di
Lady-Di

Back to top Go down

Post by PaigeH Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:07 am

Cool collection! Welcome to the club!

Paige
PaigeH
PaigeH
Mods
Mods

Number of posts : 855

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady-Di Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:13 am

PaigeH wrote:Cool collection! Welcome to the club!

Paige

Thanks Paige!
I love my little menagerie... They are all doing well, and with the advice and kindness the forum members are showing me already, I am sure they will remain happy + healthy for a while to come. :)
Lady-Di
Lady-Di

Back to top Go down

Post by fish'nfry Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:27 am

Lady-Di wrote:

Thanks Paige!
I love my little menagerie... They are all doing well, and with the advice and kindness the forum members are showing me already, I am sure they will remain happy + healthy for a while to come. :)

Always nice to see new forum member on here and it's hard to stop talking about fish and tanks. There's always something to talk about.

Glad to have you on board.
smile and beer fishy fishy fishy smile and beer
fish'nfry
fish'nfry
Mods
Mods

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady-Di Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:35 am

[quote="fish'nfry"]
Lady-Di wrote:

Always nice to see new forum member on here and it's hard to stop talking about fish and tanks. There's always something to talk about.

Glad to have you on board.
smile and beer fishy fishy fishy smile and beer

Again, thanks bunches! It is nice to have a place to ramble about fishes, and the care they require, the amusement they provide... with people who share that passion and can understand where it comes from... HAHA... I am a self-proclaimed "Fish-Dork" (9/10 of my friends would agree... :P) and am sooo used to the eyes of people.. kinda... glazing over when I start talking about my tanks... lol... They are good about it, but you can tell when someone doesn't share the interest... lol
Lady-Di
Lady-Di

Back to top Go down

Post by Kribby Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:17 pm

ooo more tanks for convicts and sharks you say? Sounds like you have some MTS (multiple tank syndrom) starting to kick in now that you are settled.

Just remember the only cure is to keep getting more tanks wink
Kribby
Kribby

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady-Di Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:26 pm

Kribby wrote:

Just remember the only cure is to keep getting more tanks wink

Haha... Kribby, I am already in love with your humourous replies... I am an MTS sufferer, you can be sure... I miss having more tanks than I currently do... But to save hassles when I moved in October... A downsize was necessary... sad But, now that I am once again settled... haha... Perhaps I should feed my addiction? It's much less harm to me than that chocolate addiction I have battled forever, I am sure... :P
Lady-Di
Lady-Di

Back to top Go down

Post by Kribby Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:08 pm

I have a grand idea for you, a chocolate fishtank!

Ok, maybe not too practical, but I do know that you can pick up some chocolate gourami and they are pretty stunning. Might be a way to satisfy both addictions.

I've found that my critical mass for fish tanks is about 6, anymore than that and I just sort of explode from the work.

Glad that my insanity is appreciated too 8)
Kribby
Kribby

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady-Di Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Hello again, Kribby!
I am still workin' (hard, as always :P) but I did a quick 'Google' on these Chocolate Gouramis... and they look delicious!! erm... very nice!! lol... I have more than enough Christmas Chocolate left at home, so they would be safe, for now, if I got some... haha... I also googled your name sake Kribensis; and I must say, they are a nice looking little fish... Have much luck with them? What kind of max size do they reach?...
Lady-Di
Lady-Di

Back to top Go down

Post by Kribby Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:50 pm

The kribs are awesome little guys. Males get to be a it larger than 3 inches and females a bit smaller. My avatar is a female that is in full blown mating colours. She was always that way. I think she was convinced every fish was a male krib! The males are not as stunning, but I did have one that was close to her in colours. I had a batch of fry out of him before I gave the pair away.

They were my first and favorite cichlid by far. I don't that their tank anymore (had to make a choice on what to downsize and they were it), but I still have one krib that I bred. Someday I will get back to them though :D
Kribby
Kribby

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady-Di Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:57 pm

Well, She seems a fine example of the gorgeous colours these fish can apparently present! It is always a shame when it becomes necessary to downsize... but I am learning quickly... That lasts about as long as it takes for you get your fingers on another tank... haha... I'm noticing that seems to be a habit of mine... :P
Lady-Di
Lady-Di

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:09 pm

I like your collection!!

Welcome to TACONS!!

Admin
Founder
Founder
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 4244

http://www.nsaquariumclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady-Di Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:18 pm

Admin wrote:I like your collection!!

Welcome to TACONS!!

Admin

Why thanks muchly!! I do too...(:P lol)
Lady-Di
Lady-Di

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next