Welcome to TACONS!
Please come join in on the fish chat.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to TACONS!
Please come join in on the fish chat.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guppies to give away (Shubenacadie)

+2
fishysmiths
fish'nfry
6 posters

Go down

Guppies to give away (Shubenacadie) Empty Guppies to give away (Shubenacadie)

Post by fish'nfry Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:07 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Please contact Kijiji poster for more info.

Thanks and goodluck.
fish'nfry
fish'nfry
Mods
Mods

Number of posts : 5217

http://www.accesswave.ca/~baccro/

Back to top Go down

Guppies to give away (Shubenacadie) Empty Re: Guppies to give away (Shubenacadie)

Post by fishysmiths Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:45 am

Just emailed him. Here's to hopin. They'd go great in our 20!

fishysmiths

Number of posts : 371

Back to top Go down

Guppies to give away (Shubenacadie) Empty Re: Guppies to give away (Shubenacadie)

Post by goguenm Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:42 pm

I had emailed her last night and went to pick some up today. The males have double sword tails and are orange in color. Some of the females have an orange or peachy color to them. She has tons of them. Good luck fishsmiths!

*Edit*

I just put them in one of my tanks when I noticed that 5 of them had bent spines. She kind of just tried scooping out a good ratio of female to male when she was getting them for me and there were so many that I didn't notice the bent spines until I was putting them in the tank a couple at a time. Something to watch out for if anyone is picking some up. I've separated them for now until I figure out what to do with them sad
goguenm
goguenm

Number of posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Post by fishysmiths Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:52 pm

What does the bent spines mean?

fishysmiths

Back to top Go down

Post by Allie Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:08 pm

Could be TB or could be just crooked spines. Either way it's not a good thing.
Allie
Allie

Number of posts : 6392

http://www.maryjanevapes.ca/en/

Back to top Go down

Post by fishysmiths Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:16 pm

Picked out 6 with crooked backs and eased their suffering

fishysmiths

Back to top Go down

Post by goguenm Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:57 pm

fishysmiths wrote:Picked out 6 with crooked backs and eased their suffering

How many fish did you get from her in total? She must have given me about 30 because I put down 10 or 11 of them and I still have about 7 males and at least 10 or more females left. It's hard to try and count them because they don't stay still. It was pretty much all of my smaller fish that had the bent spines and they were mostly female. I think only two males were deformed out of the bunch. All of my larger fish are fine.

**Nevermind...just saw your other post.
goguenm
goguenm

Back to top Go down

Post by betta lover22 Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:03 pm

How do the rest look? considering some myself.
betta lover22
betta lover22

Number of posts : 2458

Back to top Go down

Post by fishysmiths Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:24 pm

The rest of ours look good. Males mostly have orange sword tails.

fishysmiths

Back to top Go down

Post by betta lover22 Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:27 pm

OK!!! Thx.
betta lover22
betta lover22

Back to top Go down

Post by goguenm Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:49 pm

Yeah, the rest are good. Just a third of the ones I got were deformed and like I've said in previous posts it seemed to be all younger generation that had the deformity. The rest of my larger guppies that I had gotten are fine.
goguenm
goguenm

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:37 pm

How are they doing?
Founder
Founder
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 4244

http://www.nsaquariumclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fishysmiths Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:16 pm

Ours are doing quite well. Once I clean out my 10 G tomorrow, I am going to turn it into a girl guppy tank and leave the boys up stiars in the 20, hopefully eliminating anymore inbreeding! Might try and find some different males to put in with the girls to branch out the family tree a little!

fishysmiths

Back to top Go down

Post by betta lover22 Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:31 pm

How many gups could you get in a 10 gallon?
betta lover22
betta lover22

Back to top Go down

Post by fishysmiths Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:43 pm

i don't know.... :scratch:

fishysmiths

Back to top Go down

Post by fish'nfry Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:39 am

betta lover22 wrote:How many gups could you get in a 10 gallon?

You can start with a couple but beware for if you get a female, it might not be just a couple for too long. Expect to see some wee wee ones. :D
Fun to see them grow though as you never know what colors they will be especially the males.
fish'nfry
fish'nfry
Mods
Mods

Number of posts : 5217

http://www.accesswave.ca/~baccro/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down