Welcome to TACONS!
Please come join in on the fish chat.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to TACONS!
Please come join in on the fish chat.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fish Rescue Program Committee

+3
iop777
PaigeH
stephaniemacphee
7 posters

Go down

Fish Rescue Program Committee Empty Fish Rescue Program Committee

Post by stephaniemacphee Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:28 am

We have lots of people that have said they are willing and able to take in any fish for the fish rescue program. Thanks to everyone. Now its time to get things organized. I Want to make a committee. The Committee will be made up of one or two people from each area that can do a fish rescue and then be in charge or finding the fish a home. either taken the fish in themselves, or finding them a more perminent, suitable home. [b]

I have been posting ads on kijij for cape breton, truo,halifax and the annoplis valley. We could also have pet stores to put a flyer or card at their store.

After i get the list and contact info for the commitee, i will also make a list of everyone that is will to house fish for us.
Ive been posting this for about a month now and havnt recieved many emails about it, so dont worry about being too busy with it if you want to be on the committee, im not expecting to get alot of them, but we will be there when we are needed.

Sooo. who would like to be on the committee.
For:

Cape Breton(Sydney and & area)
Truo/NewGlasgow & area
Halifax/Dartmouth
Annoplis Valley/Kentville & area

And any other areas i didnt think of.

Any other ideas are very welcome!!

Thanks!
stephaniemacphee
stephaniemacphee
Mods
Mods

Number of posts : 562

Back to top Go down

Fish Rescue Program Committee Empty Re: Fish Rescue Program Committee

Post by PaigeH Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:40 pm

I wish I had the tank space to help out! sad

But if I may make a suggestion, it might be a good idea to have a Bedford/Sackville group too.

Paige
PaigeH
PaigeH
Mods
Mods

Number of posts : 855

Back to top Go down

Post by stephaniemacphee Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:08 pm

ohh yes. i will add that to my list, thanks
stephaniemacphee
stephaniemacphee
Mods
Mods

Back to top Go down

Post by iop777 Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:35 pm

What about Bridgewater area? Lunenburg, Mahone bay etc.
iop777
iop777

Number of posts : 1424

http://savetheorcas.jimdo.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyfishie Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:31 pm

Don't take this in the wrong way plz,
Perhaps more Constructive criticism.

Skeeters will give folks store credit, So will Pets unlimited in new minus.
So will Jubin's Aquarium in Weymouth, & I have run into many others that will give things in exchange for unwanted fish in my general area alone,
I have gotten what would seem like more fish then this rescue effort has.

People seem to give to folks they Know or was referred to by a friend,
I've had alot offered to me to only back out, Ask why and they pretty much all say : they found they could trade them in for store credit or the other big one, a friend (someone they knew) wanted them......

This is a great thing with all the best intentions but honestly I don't think it's going to amount to anything..

a committee? Why not wait until you get at least one rescue thru this effort first to see if its even going to be worth it.

Alot of Pet (fish stores) will buy or give store credit, Let alone the big amount of individual folks out there looking and taking fish in.

Just something to think about

crazyfishie

Number of posts : 258

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:38 pm

crazyfishie wrote:Don't take this in the wrong way plz,

So will Jubin's Aquarium in Weymouth, & I have run into many others that will give things in exchange for unwanted fish in my general area alone,

I've had alot offered to me to only back out, Ask why and they pretty much all say : they found they could trade them in for store credit or the other big one, a friend (someone they knew) wanted them......

This is a great thing with all the best intentions but honestly I don't think it's going to amount to anything..

a committee? Why not wait until you get at least one rescue thru this effort first to see if its even going to be worth it.

Alot of Pet (fish stores) will buy or give store credit, Let alone the big amount of individual folks out there looking and taking fish in.

Thank-you for your thoughts and concerns!!

I think at this point we will be going ahead and have a small leadership team ready to go!!

Thanks Wayne
Founder
Founder
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 4244

http://www.nsaquariumclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:50 pm

I also like to keep it small like Stephanie has said, If we get called out then we should call upon some volunteers who has stepped up to the plate, I will also help with getting our name and what we will do out there!!

Thanks Wayne
Founder
Founder
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 4244

http://www.nsaquariumclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by machzeater Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:23 pm

put me in for sydney and surrounding areas. i will do the best i can to help.
Darren
machzeater
machzeater
Mods
Mods

Number of posts : 1367

Back to top Go down

Post by stephaniemacphee Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:37 am

crazyfishie wrote:Don't take this in the wrong way plz,

Thanks for the info crazy fishie :) the "committtee" is pretty much just a list of a few people wayne and i can call if indeed somebody wants their fish gone. alot of people are lazy and cant even be bothered to bring their fish to a pet store or even know they can. Perhaps in some case i can offer this to people as a solution. The fish rescue programm is just here, just in case. :)
stephaniemacphee
stephaniemacphee
Mods
Mods

Back to top Go down

Post by mattholmes320 Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:59 am

Yeah i've actually had trouble getting fish stores in halifax to take unwanted fish. I think it's a great idea and would love to help out. I've taken in my fair share of fish also. A lot of us have taken fish in that were unwanted. It makes sense to have it organized. Keep up the good work guys...
mattholmes320
mattholmes320
Mods
Mods

Number of posts : 532

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down